Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what's hard about a tetrahedron ?

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    what's hard about a tetrahedron ?
    Werl.... Tinkercad has one but it's oriented in a strange way so I'd probably find it easier to recreate from scratch. But the biggest problem will be to colour two of the vertexes differently from the other two. Tingiverse has an Ur game with tetrahedron dice but they just have recessed dimples for the coloured tips. As you know I'm trying to avoid using acrylic paint to get round problems with colouring these things so, although I could nick those dice, they're not going to cut the mustard for me. Also, if you watched the longer video i linked to earlier, the tetrahedral dice are a pain to pick up off the board; sticks would be easier to play with I think.

I think the idea of using sticks blackened on one side will do the business and are actually found with some Ur sets so are not too far from the original design.

The playing pieces are yet another little conundrum. I'd like them decorated top and bottom; maybe a black set and a white set, each decorated with inset gold dots. I reckon we're talking about five or six stl files but that's something for me to look forward to!

Best,

Chris