Close

Hybrid View

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    AWESOME!!

In all my multi-piece prints, I always do all the Gluing first.

I glue them all together, then I fill all the holes with whatever I can find... Wood putty, plastic putty... basically anything that can be sanded easily - I find just about all of them stick to plastic fairly well.

Once that's done then I sand it all off, get it super smooth... fix any holes I missed and then finally get it ready to primer spray.

I use a black or grey Matte undercoat (acrylic) then work on top of that. Since I dry brush nearly all my models by hand, I do alot of layers but for a storm trooper helmet, a nice white gloss and black gloss spray would do nicely.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Technician
    Follow Serena On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    AWESOME!!

In all my multi-piece prints, I always do all the Gluing first.

I glue them all together, then I fill all the holes with whatever I can find... Wood putty, plastic putty... basically anything that can be sanded easily - I find just about all of them stick to plastic fairly well.

Once that's done then I sand it all off, get it super smooth... fix any holes I missed and then finally get it ready to primer spray.

I use a black or grey Matte undercoat (acrylic) then work on top of that. Since I dry brush nearly all my models by hand, I do alot of layers but for a storm trooper helmet, a nice white gloss and black gloss spray would do nicely.
    Great! That helps a lot. Printing number 13 now. Excited to put it together. My son and his friends are super excited about this project- they have me giving updates to them as well. So this will definitely earn me some cool mom points from the teenagers. ;-)