Close

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Technologist
    Do you think this will work for rambo board for makerfarm 12 i3v. Using your setup.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    Hmm, that RRD fan extender seems to be plugged into the same pins I use to run my RAMPS fan. How many pins I'm currently using are going to be eaten up by this thing?
    If you're talking about the 12v output on the RAMPS board, then yes. The fan extender uses these pins for power. I just attach my RAMPS fan to the 12V input. I just strip the wires and put them in with the power supply wires and screw down the terminals.

The RRD fan extender doesn't seem like a very elegant design. A 12V passthru and pins on top for a couple of servos would have made it a lot friendlier.

Quote Originally Posted by rhonal89 View Post
    Do you think this will work for rambo board for makerfarm 12 i3v. Using your setup.
    It should work fine, though the Configuration.h might be a little different.

RAMBO has extra MOSFET PWM circuits, so you don't need a fan extender, but I don't think it has servo connectors, so you have to make a cable or at least split the pins of the servo connector up and hook them to different pins on the board. I don't have one, so I haven't attempted it.

I just created a fork and branch of Marlin with my firmware changes: https://github.com/clough42/Marlin/t...v_double_bitty

This is a fork of Beckdac's fork of Marlin, which contains Roxy's auto-bed-leveling code.

It's a work in progress, so you should expect changes.

I only modified two files:

You will likely need to tweak the servo endpoints and the Z probe offset.

Right now, I'm doing the extruder offsets in Slic3r, so it isn't set up in Marlin. RobH2 has played more with the Marlin side and may have some input here.

Here's my current custom Start G-Code:
    Code:
    ; 8" i3v Itty Bitty Double Extruder
    M42 P5 S255 ; light on
    M190 S[first_layer_bed_temperature] ; wait for bed to heat up
    M104 S[first_layer_temperature_0] T0 ; start heating T0
    M104 S[first_layer_temperature_1] T1 ; start heating T1
    G1 Z5 F50 ; lift nozzle
    G28 ; home X and Y axes
    G29 ; auto bed level
    G1 X0 F8000 ; move to side
    G1 Y210 F8000 ; move off front
    G1 Z0 ; Level for wipe
    M109 S[first_layer_temperature_0] T0 ; wait for heat
    M109 S[first_layer_temperature_1] T1 ; wait for heat
    G90 ; absolute
    T0 ; extruder 0
    G92 E0
    G1 E12 F50 ; extrude
    G1 Y0 F8000 ; wipe
    T1 ; extruder 1
    G92 E0 ; reset extrude
    G1 E12 F50 ; extrude
    G1 E9 F50; retract
    G1 X15 F8000 ; wipe
    And my end G-Code:
    Code:
    M104 S0 T0 ; heat off T0
    M104 S0 T1 ; heat off T1
    G28 X0 ; home X axis
    G28 Y0 ; home Y axis
    M84 ; disable motors
    M42 P5 S0 ; light off
    M190 S0 ; wait for bed temperature to be reached
    I have LED illumination attached to the second port of my RRD fan extender.

I added reference links to the first page of this thread, and I'll continue to maintain summary info there.

Quote Originally Posted by TechMasterJoe View Post
    you guys are ok with soldering i can remake the board to supply both 2 servos and 2 fans
    i will take care of the SMD soldering and include wire-wrap and reg headers..
    just an offer
    i must tell you that i order PCB's from OSHpark so they are a deep purple PCB..
    they make amazing PCB's for low cost compared to all the others.

i don't know what filament you guys use but i been using
    toybuilders prototype supply stuff and been very happy. print so clean (get it on amazon)
    i store my filament under 15-20in of vacuum
    for moisture free filament. and no i have never had a problem with a new roll
    but old rolls after sitting awhile pop a lot tell i put them under a vacuum overnight

so if anyone wants a dual fan + dual servo board with beefier mosfet drivers for fans and servo power switching (no power no twitch it bugs me) reply with a yes
    Agreed OSH Park is fully awesome.

Not sure what the issue is with the servo twitching. I set up the servo deactivation delay, so it shuts down and doesn't twitch.

You seem to be itching for a project, though. As long as you're looking at power, I think the community could use a power distribution board. I want a board with an ATX power supply connector and outputs for the RAMPS power inputs. I'd like a three pin jumper to the power header to provide 5v to the servos, 5vsb to vcc (no D1) and PS enable to allow switching power on and off with gcode. I want a few 12V pins for fans and lights and a 5vsb header (maybe USB?) to power a raspberry pi. Put in as many PWM mosfets as you want. Could even go crazy and add a heat bed relay.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    You seem to be itching for a project, though. As long as you're looking at power, I think the community could use a power distribution board. I want a board with an ATX power supply connector and outputs for the RAMPS power inputs. I'd like a three pin jumper to the power header to provide 5v to the servos, 5vsb to vcc (no D1) and PS enable to allow switching power on and off with gcode. I want a few 12V pins for fans and lights and a 5vsb header (maybe USB?) to power a raspberry pi. Put in as many PWM mosfets as you want. Could even go crazy and add a heat bed relay.
    Consideration should be given to providing a dedicated 5v regulator on this so the printer isn't dependent on USB power being there. The regulator on the MEGA2560 can handle itself and the smart panel, but likely not a servo, a Pi, or next month's great idea if it needs 5V.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    Agreed OSH Park is fully awesome.

Not sure what the issue is with the servo twitching. I set up the servo deactivation delay, so it shuts down and doesn't twitch.

Project Started
    this HexFet will take care of bed problems (i have a full reel qty 500)
    http://www.newark.com/international-...-7p/dp/28W1167
    using a real Mosfet driver (high current opamp is all they are) so it's really doing it's job
    maybe a fan driver ??

so the mega can sip power off the 5Vsb line witch most power supply's only have about an Amp on (this is Standby power)
    we only want the display and the Mega on the 5Vsb line so all other 5V items need to be isolated and put on a main 5v rail
    some newer PSU's have more power on 5Vsb for charging usb things when the pc is off but this is new to this years rev of the ATX IEEE standards

whats in eagle now
    ATX24 pin PLUS 8Pin CPU (12V)
    4 boosted heater driver circuits each with an aprox 40amps switching capacity (RDS on + board = 0.0017ohm)Mosfet rated for 260amps ! (i have tested on a 1in by 3in board solo to 100amps static load board settled at 40c, 46c Mosfet)
    2 extra switching circuits each safe to apx 10amps use for just about anything
    PS_ON check (Plan this with my setup from day one)
    5Vsb Check
    4USB ports 2 tied to 5Vsb 2 tied to 5v rail (Pi still has power when printer is asleep)
    keep in mind ratings mean nothing if using a small PSU

so a few questions before i send this out
    do you want more high output Fan, lights, servo,
    what type of connections do you like keep in mind the amperage...

note:
    all Mosfets used are rated to switch at up to 1Mhz (well over the switching feq of any atmega without bit banging)

Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    Consideration should be given to providing a dedicated 5v regulator on this so the printer isn't dependent on USB power being there. The regulator on the MEGA2560 can handle itself and the smart panel, but likely not a servo, a Pi, or next month's great idea if it needs 5V.
    i think the first part answerer you. most PC ATX PSU's have 10+ amps at 5V
    Last edited by TechMasterJoe; 12-04-2014 at 05:08 AM.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    The power board discussion likely warrants it's own thread. If this is for the community, consider posting a schematic and proposed layout for review.

Quote Originally Posted by TechMasterJoe View Post
    i think the first part answerer you. most PC ATX PSU's have 10+ amps at 5V
    Of course, not everyone will want to use an ATX supply.

Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast