Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    try chitubox - the supports there are generated by the slicing software - the whole 'use meshmixer' is a real cop out by g3d.
    It's probably a really decent printer - but as with all 3d printing - the single most important part of the entire 3d printing process is the slicer.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    try chitubox - the supports there are generated by the slicing software - the whole 'use meshmixer' is a real cop out by g3d.
    It's probably a really decent printer - but as with all 3d printing - the single most important part of the entire 3d printing process is the slicer.
    I downloaded chitubox yesterday and have put some files into it. I attempted to create a layout using all of the G3D specs but some of the information Chitubox asks me to input is not available on the G3D website or manual. Resin density, individual x and y resolution (I think these are just the x and y dimensions?) and some other specs. Do I need to enter all the custom information for the G3D or should a generic SLA/DLP support setting work?

Thanks,
    Mike

Also, G3D forces you to run any print through their slicing software to convert it into their .g3d file format. I can convert the chitubox files into an .stl, then re-slice it into a .g3d but will that mess with the slicing from chitubox?