Close

Threaded View

Technician
    Oh wow that is inexpensive. These Bizer III's are supposed to be basically the same printer, just with a metal frame instead of wood, and the touch screen of course. The tubes mine have are larger inside, and have that PTFE tube insert. If I get that one you linked, would that eliminate the need for that insert? If so, what was the point of using the one with the insert in the first place? Is it for lower friction?

BTW, I finally found and fixed the problem with one of the stepper motors. They ran the wires over the circuit board with the SD card slot, and the sharp metal had shaved the insulation off the orange stepper motor wire, causing it to short out. I got it soldered back together and insulated. I also added slightly longer screws and spacers, moving the board about 5mm further away from the frame. I put the wires inside some plastic conduit and ran that through so this should never be a problem again.

Does anyone know if the sailfish firmware can be installed on this printer? I'm having a hard time finding any info on this Bizer III at all.
    Last edited by dspdrew; 02-28-2016 at 03:17 PM.