Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Umm, yes ?

There is no such thing as 'best practice'. Only what you are happiest using.
    If that's all it takes to save your own modules and use them in scripts. Then that's going to be extremely useful.
    The only thing I've used like that so far is the write.scad module. I actually made a different one for each font and renamed them for the font names. so i can just use: use <knewave.scad>
    To use the knewave font. Makes things a bit easier.

Using a library of your own modules would make for simpler looking scripts, that's for sure.

Also you're rotate extrude module just makes a bog standard straight sided ring. Shouldn't it make a round sided 'donut/torus' ?

Here's some homework for you OME - find a decent module I can make different sized screw threads with. I've so far not managed to find one that actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post

Also you're rotate extrude module just makes a bog standard straight sided ring. Shouldn't it make a round sided 'donut/torus' ?
    Pay attention!!. This is the OpenScad Help Centre, not the Geometry Help Centre. The code pasted here is just an example copied from the blog page to illustrate the topic "Modules"

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Here's some homework for you OME - find a decent module I can make different sized screw threads with. I've so far not managed to find one that actually works.
    Hey! I'm not some pheasant phucker's pimp! Get your own screw (but ask if she has a friend.)

Maybe this one love you long time:

uploads-74-10-9c-ff-15-screwthread_v2.scad

OME
    Last edited by old man emu; 12-09-2014 at 06:34 AM.