Quote Originally Posted by Serena View Post
Ok quick update- yesterday morning i spent a very long time on leveling my platform. I felt like it had gotten way off and I just wasn't getting it right. What confused me most is that when i forst got it I was able to print clean on just the kapton tape with nothing else. But since then I had tried everything from blue tape, ABS slurry, glue stick, clear school glue, hairspray and all combinations thereof. So I got out an actual level and tested the table it was sitting on first, then the bed itself and leveled just the bed in every way I could until I was convinced it was level from that standpoint. Then I wen into the actual leveling process with the paper and the extruder. By the way- I still feel like it should have four adjustment points. Maybe it doesn't make any real difference, but in my brain I want four corners to move. Anyway, after much tweaking, several failed test prints, a leveling tester I downloaded from thinkiverse and 3 hours of time I got a good stick on my first layer. Yay! From that point on it was smooth sailing. You read how important leveling is, but I guess it can't be over emphasized. I went from nothing sticking to clean prints everytime on plain kapton tape. No glues, etc needed. Now, this could, of course, change at any minute, but I feel like I have made some learning progress. Here's a Tardis print a did yesterday:

Photo Sep 29, 4 36 00 PM.jpg

Today when I get home I plan on doing that temperature testing that you mentioned Dargonfly. I think that will help a lot. I am most excited about trying my own designs but I want to get better with the process first. Also, there are some jacked up files on Thingiverse! Definitely learning to only use the ones that have printed successfully and check them with meshmixer or Netfabb.

Will keep you guys updated.

Nope, 3 adjustment points is all that is needed on a solid surface. 4 would be a more solid support structure though, but for leveling 3 points is all that is needed.

With the Creator X/pro the adjustment points are a little closer together than they should be. What happens is if you set the extruder gap on the far right side, the left side will teeter up and be too close. Then you lower the left side and the right side teeters up. Try to set your extruder gaps right over the top of the adjustment points.

In my opinion you are spending far too much time on the "leveling". It really is a couple minute procedure to check and you should never have to make huge adjustments. I don't turn my adjusters more than 1/8 turn once I have a relatively flat surface.