Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by lycan View Post
    Excellent idea,

My only immediate concern on this is whether or not any residual ink from coating the filament leaks into the injection nozzle and causes any burn on effect that could affect future prints, just a thought from a newbie.

Steve
    I have not personally found the colorer to have any adverse effects on prints after coloring. The ink from the marker dries rather quickly. Before printing with a new color of filament I extrude about 75mm of filament through my hot-end in order to "purge" the old color from it. I just received my first batch of white colored PLA to test with the colorer. I will be testing it soon. I would expect that any trace amounts of residual ink will show itself best on white filament. I will post my results. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by beebenutz View Post
    I have not personally found the colorer to have any adverse effects on prints after coloring. The ink from the marker dries rather quickly. Before printing with a new color of filament I extrude about 75mm of filament through my hot-end in order to "purge" the old color from it. I just received my first batch of white colored PLA to test with the colorer. I will be testing it soon. I would expect that any trace amounts of residual ink will show itself best on white filament. I will post my results. Thanks!
    I'll edit this post in the morning... But the amount of ink from the Sharpie is down in the round off compared to the plastic flowing through the head. My bet is it is just going to flush clean.