Close

Hybrid View

Well, the way I understand it is that stepper-motors are Not rated at a fixed voltage,
    like 12 or 24 volts,
    but are rated at a voltage Range, like 3 to 25v or 5 to 30v, etc.
    and usually only the minimum voltage rating info is given , like 3 or 5 volts.
    So they should operate on a higher or lower voltage, as long as it's in that Range of voltages.

I've not tried their extruders yet, since the old ones are working great now,
    but I plan to soon.

Thanks for the Info,

Note: I have verified that seller is correct about there being 2 versions of connector wiring in Nema-17 motors
    Last edited by EagleSeven; 10-27-2015 at 11:26 AM.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleSeven View Post
    Well, the way I understand it is that stepper-motors are Not rated at a fixed voltage,
    like 12 or 24 volts,
    but are rated at a voltage Range, like 3 to 25v or 5 to 30v, etc.
    and usually only the minimum voltage rating info is given , like 3 or 5 volts.
    So they should operate on a higher or lower voltage, as long as it's in that Range of voltages.

I've not tried their extruders yet, since the old ones are working great now,
    but I plan to soon.

Thanks for the Info,

Note: I have verified that seller is correct about there being 2 versions of connector wiring in Nema-17 motors
    I did say "Stupid Question Time" as i don't know much about these things at all. I just know that the CTC printer uses 24v for things wheras some of the others use 12v. Luckily I have not had to change any motors in mine yet I'll have that fun at sometime I suppose though.

I did try to completely rebuild the hot end and extruders with parts from DealExtreme (very cheap chinese same as the printer ) but the distance between the screw holes on the carriage and the metal block were different on the one I bought as it seems the dimentions are not quite the same as the makerbot or flashforge. So i plan on printing a new carriage at some point.