Close

Hybrid View

The number of perimeters also called shells will determine how thick the hole wall is. Also for something small like that you can print it with high infill rates so there is lots of meat.
    However, most door bell buttons are screwed to the surface with 2 screws or they are mounted with mounting tape. Why not build your riser to match the button and just get longer screws that pass through the block and into the surface.. Or use mounting tape for riser to wall and button to riser. You are in control of the entire process so experiment and find out what works, that is the beauty of fast prototyping with a 3d printer.

Quote Originally Posted by airscapes View Post
    The number of perimeters also called shells will determine how thick the hole wall is. Also for something small like that you can print it with high infill rates so there is lots of meat.
    However, most door bell buttons are screwed to the surface with 2 screws or they are mounted with mounting tape. Why not build your riser to match the button and just get longer screws that pass through the block and into the surface.. Or use mounting tape for riser to wall and button to riser. You are in control of the entire process so experiment and find out what works, that is the beauty of fast prototyping with a 3d printer.
    Thanks for the infill suggestion. I am hoping not to waste too much unused material though.

As I said, my example was over-simplified. The full spec is to make a 25° downward-facing wedge that is to be affixed onto an aluminium doorframe (using the existing screwholes) and then the backplate of an IP doorbell (Ring) fixed onto the wedge. At the moment there is way too much sky in the displayed video, and I get a motion notification every time car passes by.

Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images