Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    don't know of any usa board manufacturers.
    You're pretty much stuck with the chinese firms - or duet.

Unless anyone knows different ?

as far as an 'all-in-one' setup i presume you mean one that comes with onboard stepper controllers.
    Seperate controllers are cheap and just pop onto the socket, so don't let that that put you off a board that needs seperate drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    don't know of any usa board manufacturers.
    You're pretty much stuck with the chinese firms - or duet.

Unless anyone knows different ?

as far as an 'all-in-one' setup i presume you mean one that comes with onboard stepper controllers.
    Seperate controllers are cheap and just pop onto the socket, so don't let that that put you off a board that needs seperate drivers.
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm not concerned about the drivers, I'd just rather not have the piggyback arrangement like RAMPS/MEGA.

Since I posted this, I've been looking at Panucatt. They are based in California, but I'm unsure where the boards are made. They do seem concerned with making a quality product and that is my main goal. I want something robust, and I'd like this next board to be the last one I purchase for this printer.

The Azteeg X5 Mini look promising. It's a 32bit board with Wifi, so I'd definitely need to migrate to new firmware. Any thoughts on this board or Panucatt in general are welcomed.