Close

Hybrid View

Staff Engineer
    I like the looks of this design, the stable build platform looks like it would be good for delicate parts. Sad to hear that it's difficult to fold, though it looks pretty good while folded.

Is it difficult to change out the hot end and extruder? Perhaps a better extruder might solve that oozing problem?

$595 seems like my kind of price range, I'll have to look into this.
    Last edited by Feign; 05-15-2014 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Feign View Post
    I like the looks of this design, the stable build platform looks like it would be good for delicate parts. Sad to hear that it's difficult to fold, though it looks pretty good while folded.

Is it difficult to change out the hot end and extruder? Perhaps a better extruder might solve that oozing problem?

$595 seems like my kind of price range, I'll have to look into this.
    I think the folding is good, just that its quite weighty and the sharp metal edges, eg I unpacked and worked out how to unfold only to find 5 minutes later has a nice cut on finger dripping blood. Folded it back up in seconds so the design is really good and just folds flat.

I did take a look at the extruder and it should be easy to remove as just fits to sliding bed with a right angle bracket on the x axis arm using the 4 servo screws. It could fix it however as I have seen by using a piece of tin foil and heating it the smallest bit will not make a contact. I have yet to contact the makers as did get a successful print albeit with a fudge.

I will post up some vids later of the kit etc, only one thing my missus is yet to know I have one - this will be fun

Here is a vid of the unboxing and the printer setup showing how it unfolds ready for printing - this time I avoid cutting myself