Close

Hybrid View

Staff Engineer
    Add AutoWiz on Facebook
    Did you guys know that borosilicate glass will never warp or bend no matter how hard the print head crashes into it or what kind of temps or thermal cycles it sees. It can only break or be perfectly straight. It makes the bed heavier but man does it stay flat. I got a 450x250mm piece of it for my Tevo Black Widow. I am now putting a build surface on top of that so I can print with PETG(For PLA I just print on the clean bare glass wiped with distilled white vinager as the glass warms for the print). My bed is thick and heavy but oh so right. And always true. Here is a link to a piece of glass for your ender 3: https://gulfcoast-robotics.com/produ...xoCPlIQAvD_BwE

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoWiz View Post
    Did you guys know that borosilicate glass will never warp or bend no matter how hard the print head crashes into it or what kind of temps or thermal cycles it sees.
    I agree, though It is not just the Glass we would have to purchase.
    As I have a proximity sensor that will only detect Ferrous material I would have to purchase another Proximity sensor.

An at this date have not found one that is a similar size sensor the will work in my space requirements and proximity to the nozzle..