Close

Hybrid View

Staff Engineer
    The fumes from a resin printer represent a serious health risk. One should have substantial airflow to cause the fumes to exit the work area, and one should also consider a respirator that handles VOC thoroughly. You can get incredible detail with a resin printer compared to an FFF printer (FDM is a trademark).

Small is a relative term. If you require detail levels of smaller than 0.400 millimeters, it would be resin, but upwards of that level, FFF will do you well.

Consider to seek out test prints on reddit to see what others can generate from your models. It may cost a few dollars but you'll save in the long run if you find the hard way your selection won't work for you .

Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
    The fumes from a resin printer represent a serious health risk. One should have substantial airflow to cause the fumes to exit the work area, and one should also consider a respirator that handles VOC thoroughly. You can get incredible detail with a resin printer compared to an FFF printer (FDM is a trademark).

Small is a relative term. If you require detail levels of smaller than 0.400 millimeters, it would be resin, but upwards of that level, FFF will do you well.

Consider to seek out test prints on reddit to see what others can generate from your models. It may cost a few dollars but you'll save in the long run if you find the hard way your selection won't work for you .
    After considering the details that I need to achieve with a printer, I ended up ordering Anycubic Photon Mono 2, wash and cure station, and water based resin, from Amazon. https://www.amazon.co.uk/ANYCUBIC-Pr...zcF9hdGY&psc=1
    This was one of the cheapest, but reviews seemed to be good. I just hope that I havent compromised too much on quality for the price, and would appreciate your thoughts on this printer
    Also, not sure if Ive bought the right resin, because I am seeing it is very brittle when cured, and I need my finished components to have "some" strength even though they are for functionality testing more than strength. The end components, once prototype testing is complete, will be made of a metallic material (ie steel) and need to be strong.. hope I am making sense? advice here very welcome! and maybe you can recommend a resin that would be strong but also give a small amount of flex?
    Last edited by legepe; 03-27-2024 at 04:53 AM.