Close

Hybrid View

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    I'm just wondering about a possible thermal runaway situation. ... If I recall, that problem was with the heated bed - it would heat up OK but then in the print the bed temp would drop off just enough and for a long enough period to trip the thermal runaway condition that shuts down the print.
    I've been having that trouble myself occasionally since I started using RCBugfix. The bed heater seems to stall out, then the print cancels and the printer disconnects from OctoPi. I'm glad to hear it's a known issue, and that there's a workaround.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    I've been having that trouble myself occasionally since I started using RCBugfix. The bed heater seems to stall out, then the print cancels and the printer disconnects from OctoPi. I'm glad to hear it's a known issue, and that there's a workaround.
    We are near the end of RC-7. I'm not sure that I remember any thermal issues in RC-7. I do remember some issues in RC-6.

The only thing concerning thermal issues lately is this thread speculating there may be a bug in the way the PID algorithm works:

https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/issues/4881

If you are having problems with your heaters doing the right thing, please let us know!!!

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    We are near the end of RC-7. I'm not sure that I remember any thermal issues in RC-7. I do remember some issues in RC-6. The only thing concerning thermal issues lately is this thread speculating there may be a bug in the way the PID algorithm works: https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Marlin/issues/4881 If you are having problems with your heaters doing the right thing, please let us know!!!
    So far my only problems have been with the print bed heater, and I (think I) have it on a bang-bang setup, not PID. I have my bed heater connected through a relay, so I don't think PID or PWM would be a good option. The issue is somewhat rare, though. Maybe only once in 7-8 prints.

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    So far my only problems have been with the print bed heater, and I (think I) have it on a bang-bang setup, not PID. I have my bed heater connected through a relay, so I don't think PID or PWM would be a good option. The issue is somewhat rare, though. Maybe only once in 7-8 prints.
    Right! Bang Bang mode is separate from PID. But still... You shouldn't be seeing any problems. If you are running RC-7 and see an issue, please click the 'Issues' button (at: https://github.com/MarlinFirmware/Ma...3Aupdated-desc ) and describe the problem.