Close

Hybrid View

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by RaySuave View Post
    I had this same issue, couldnt get the printer to use the full 250mm X 250mm bed. Emailed Colin about it and he said I most likely have the 8" i3v firmware and he gave me a link to download the 10" firmware to update the printer. After doing this, problem solved. This is the link he gave me https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B80A...p=docslist_api

Not sure why the 10" i3v download isnt available on his site.
    Do you mean why isn't it hosted at the makerfarm web site? I think all the MakerFarm downloads are google docs. That's actually not a bad idea from a small business standpoint. That way MakerFarm doesn't have to pay for the download traffic.

If you mean why doesn't the 10-inch build guide link to the 10-inch firmware instead of the 8-inch, yeah, that's a good question. On a related note, don't follow the download instructions in the RAMPS firmware video either. The download path discussed in the video will get you firmware for the i3, not the i3v. I learned that one the hard way.

IIRC, three people have now posted about the bed size issue. This is likely something to check on every 10-inch printer. To test, use the LCD interface to Auto Home and then Move Axis for either X or Y as far as you can. If you can't go past 200, you're running the 8-inch firmware.

To verify whether you have the right source code, use the Arduino IDE or any text editor to look at the configuration.h file. If the #define statements for X_MAX_POS, Y_MAX_POS, and Z_MAX_POS set them to 200, you have source code for the 8-inch. Editing those values is likely all you need to change to adapt the 8-inch source code for the 10-inch printer.
    Last edited by printbus; 09-07-2014 at 07:58 AM.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    Do you mean why isn't it hosted at the makerfarm web site? I think all the MakerFarm downloads are google docs. That's actually not a bad idea from a small business standpoint. That way MakerFarm doesn't have to pay for the download traffic.

If you mean why doesn't the 10-inch build guide link to the 10-inch firmware instead of the 8-inch, yeah, that's a good question. On a related note, don't follow the download instructions in the RAMPS firmware video either. The download path discussed in the video will get you firmware for the i3, not the i3v. I learned that one the hard way.

I meant why the link isnt available on the site.... The video just serves the purpose of how to get the Arduino software to do the actual uploading of the 10" firmware downloaded from the link I gave.