Installed the z-rails, sliders and bed carriage. Carriage moves about somewhat sluggishly but the slides take bit time to wear in, after that they work fine:

2019-02-13 21.01.26.jpg 2019-02-13 21.31.19.jpg 2019-02-13 21.47.05-1.jpg2019-02-13 21.47.09.jpg

Started printing the X and Y rails. The old ones are ok, but too short and not quite the lastes versions so it would be too much hassle to print pieces that match them so I'm reprinting them all.

For electronics I'm going to go with MKS Sbase for now. Installed Smoothieware yesterday and did basic config, but of course cannot validate it yet since the printer isn't assembled yet. But TFT works and motor turns.

On wiring side I have plans for some custom connectors that I'd like to use to make the wiring cleaner and modular. I did something similar on my Tronxy X5S where all hot-end wiring is terminated near the hot-end, so swapping hot-ends is lot less hassle because all wires have connectors near the hot-end. Currently swapping Volcano end E3D6 on that printer as needed, so I'll be trying to build on that idea.