Close

Hybrid View

Hello,

I am writing you from Bulgaria. Does anyone has idea for a big format 3D printer with building area 1000 x 1000 x 1000 mm? Could you please recommend any machine ASAP? Thanks!

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Mitov View Post
    Hello,

I am writing you from Bulgaria. Does anyone has idea for a big format 3D printer with building area 1000 x 1000 x 1000 mm? Could you please recommend any machine ASAP? Thanks!

There are some things to overcome when building something that big. It seems to me a CORE XY could be scaled to that size, however the motors will have to be at least nema 23. With motors that large you will need something more than a ramps board or possibly a very highly modified ramps. You also have to consider time to print as well in something that large. Current slicers seem to crash on very large objects. Considering the size of the printer you also will have to run it much slower than a small machine due to weight. Unfortunetly designing something that prints that big is an exercise in exponential mathematics. It can be done if you reduce nozzle resolution though.