Close

Hybrid View

man, reading diagrams etc just confuses me more...
    id love some help.

So... here is how i have it wired now... im stumped as to the next steps. or even if im right.

I have the DC to DC relay you recomended btw.

Input side
    - to - side on the rumba board HB
    + to the + side on the rumba board HD

+ side on the output (its not labeled) going to Power supply +
    - side going to the heat bed

one of the heat bed wires going back to the PS - slot.

i dont know if any of this is right i wont power it on til i know though. dont want to fry something.

Engineer-in-Training
    You hook up the control wires off the Rumba just as they were hooked up to the stock relay but be sure to observe the polarity of the Rumba output and of the relay input.

On the relay output you want the + positive wire from your power supply to go to the + Positive terminal on the SS relay then you want the - negative terminal of the SS relay to go to one of your heatbed wires, the other heat bed wire goes back to the - negative terminal on your power supply.

Thats all there is to it.

Here is a simple diagram, the source is your power supply and the load is your heatbed. 1 and 2 are the output terminals on your SSR and 3 and 4 are the input terminals. In our case you don't need to worry about the diode. It is used to snub out spikes caused by inductive loads, our heat beds are resistive.

SSR10A_Circuit.gif

Quote Originally Posted by dunginhawk View Post
    man, reading diagrams etc just confuses me more...
    id love some help.

So... here is how i have it wired now... im stumped as to the next steps. or even if im right.

I have the DC to DC relay you recomended btw.

Input side
    - to - side on the rumba board HB
    + to the + side on the rumba board HD

+ side on the output (its not labeled) going to Power supply +
    - side going to the heat bed

one of the heat bed wires going back to the PS - slot.

i dont know if any of this is right i wont power it on til i know though. dont want to fry something.
    Last edited by Chadd; 09-16-2015 at 10:22 AM.

Here is a picture of my wiring setup. In short:

(+) from PSU goes to (+) on SSR (Labeled as 1)
    (-) from SSR (labeled as 2) goes to one input on the heated bed (They do not have polarity so either is fine)
    Unused wire from heated bed comes back to (-) on PSU.

That takes care of the load side.

Connect the labeled connections "3" and "4" on the other side of the SSR to your board while making sure to match the (+) and (-) correctly since the board does have polarity.

This is how I have my 12" heated bed wired up through the SSR on my Rumba board. I then ran the PID config and input the results into my config file. So far after a few prints things are good and my house hasn't burned down.

Good luck.

296E2193-C678-4A75-A540-855D9300EE80.jpg
    Last edited by Carrot_or_Stick; 09-16-2015 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Provided more information