Close

Hybrid View

Staff Engineer
    100 millimeters per second is screaming fast, especially at 200 °C for the nozzle. At that temperature, 60 mm per second is pretty quick.

You have to keep your problems and symptoms distinct. Your prints are failing above the first few layers, which has nothing to do with the bed temperature. A bed temp of 60 °C is likely sufficient, anything higher is just throwing away electrons.

I think you should slow the print speed down a good bit and you'll get good results.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
    100 millimeters per second is screaming fast, especially at 200 °C for the nozzle. At that temperature, 60 mm per second is pretty quick.You have to keep your problems and symptoms distinct. Your prints are failing above the first few layers, which has nothing to do with the bed temperature. A bed temp of 60 °C is likely sufficient, anything higher is just throwing away electrons. I think you should slow the print speed down a good bit and you'll get good results.
    Long term I've always felt slow prints should be fine...if everything works. That said I am disappointed that the high 100 mm/s was way too fast. Would the vendor quoted 150mm/s ever be good for anything at all? Maybe the simpler the print the faster the speed or something? how does it work? I'd like to dial in the speed in the future without just guessing or always defaulting to slow.

Technologist
    Quote Originally Posted by minneapolis-matt View Post
    Long term I've always felt slow prints should be fine...if everything works. That said I am disappointed that the high 100 mm/s was way too fast. Would the vendor quoted 150mm/s ever be good for anything at all? Maybe the simpler the print the faster the speed or something? how does it work? I'd like to dial in the speed in the future without just guessing or always defaulting to slow.
    Yes, it will be useful, but troubleshoot first, then ramp up speed once everything is dialled in. There will also be some prints that just do not warrant that sort of speed. I've got machines that will hit 300mm/s without blinking, but there's still a whole bunch of situations where that is a bad idea, particularly with small, fiddly, prints.