Close

Hybrid View

Technologist
    So, first, I do not know of a definitive dictionary of phrases. Also, each slicer uses different terms. Yuck. Now , the air gap is exactly what it sounds like. It does try to print a little higher off the raft. So, in theory, it does float. In reality, it does attach to the raft ( gravity and extruding and all that ) but creates a weaker bond than if it did not create that gap. Give it a shot. It's not perfect, but does help

Ahh, lol, I guess I didn't think about just printing in mid-air, lol. Thank you so much! I'll give that a try with tonight's prints, and see what kind of results I get. I'm hoping that I can get some fan guards and a little tool caddy done this weekend, providing good long naps from the kiddo

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by mjf55 View Post
    So, first, I do not know of a definitive dictionary of phrases. Also, each slicer uses different terms. Yuck. Now , the air gap is exactly what it sounds like. It does try to print a little higher off the raft. So, in theory, it does float. In reality, it does attach to the raft ( gravity and extruding and all that ) but creates a weaker bond than if it did not create that gap. Give it a shot. It's not perfect, but does help
    After a bit of experimenting, this has made a HUGE difference.

Thank you again!

Mika