Close

Hybrid View

Technologist
    Add 24c on Facebook
    Hi Hugues, thanks for the response.
    I've seen the delete option in free scan, but after a few more hours I will be OK I reckon. I didn't find Meshlab too awkward to align, it's got a "fudge" factor like Einscan that gets you close. The only thing I did notice was the individual scans had artefacts outside the scanned object (turntable ring textures etc), but that'll disappear when I stop using the turntable. I'll try a free scan of the small parts as a double check. I've just been looking at light levels, and comparing the different res modes...and that was before I read your post. I did find the lowest res was picking up almost the same detail (letters in the casting)
    My next step is try and convert the STL to STEP or similar. Trying Rhino, but not getting anywhere fast with this, and hopefully the CAD guys will update my Pro option that offers some mesh conversion tools.
    I will re-read Dave's posts again.
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by 24c View Post
    Hi Hugues, thanks for the response.
    ..The only thing I did notice was the individual scans had artefacts outside the scanned object (turntable ring textures etc), but that'll disappear when I stop using the turntable. ....
    Mike
    Oh, maybe your artefacts are coming from something else. Sometimes the scanner picks up unwanted objects in the background. You can delete them at the end of the scan, before aligning with the rest. It's written on the side, i think you need to press and hold shift and circled the unwanted scanned parts, they'll turn red, then you can delete them.