Close

Hybrid View

Staff Engineer
    you haven't mentioned your budget, but your requirements may be somewhat extreme for the typical FDM printer. The 2.5 mm pins are going to be very challenging to create if you require any strength. It's easy to snap off a 2.5 mm pin of only 3 mm tall by touching it with a finger.

I would suggest to create your models and submit them to an online 3D printing service that supports FDM, SLA and also SLS printing, and among those three methods, use as many of the different materials as you can afford. SLS printing uses fifty micron nylon powder which makes a fine granular non-layer type structure, typically very strong and well suited for mechanical parts. SLA printers use a resin which is cured with ultraviolet light. Resin parts can also be strong, but sometimes brittle.

I believe the money spent to determine the best final result will give you the confidence to purchase the appropriate printer for your purposes.

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
    you haven't mentioned your budget, but your requirements may be somewhat extreme for the typical FDM printer. The 2.5 mm pins are going to be very challenging to create if you require any strength. It's easy to snap off a 2.5 mm pin of only 3 mm tall by touching it with a finger.

I would suggest to create your models and submit them to an online 3D printing service that supports FDM, SLA and also SLS printing, and among those three methods, use as many of the different materials as you can afford. SLS printing uses fifty micron nylon powder which makes a fine granular non-layer type structure, typically very strong and well suited for mechanical parts. SLA printers use a resin which is cured with ultraviolet light. Resin parts can also be strong, but sometimes brittle.

I believe the money spent to determine the best final result will give you the confidence to purchase the appropriate printer for your purposes.

good luck
    Hello

Thank you for answer

Well I'm trying to get desired result, which probably must determine budget, because I'm not quite sure about prices at all

So if I have to use SLS printing, then what the material I've to use?

I found a lot of informative topics about PLA and ABS difference, as well as Nylon Polyamide plastic, Hips, Pva and Resine

it is difficult to draw a conclusion without a practical result, but seems like to get durable and accurate parts, I should use Nylon

Then what should be the correct choice to get small size printer for small parts mostly about max 100x100mm able to print Nylon in high resolution, and easy to use, for price about 1300-1500$
    Last edited by lado; 09-13-2018 at 08:34 AM.