Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by fontseeker View Post
    Hi,

I decided to purchase a 3D printer, my budget is anywhere from 200-650. I want a printer that I am able to export stl or solid work files and have a decent quality. I am seeking to learn and get some projects going with the printer.
    No printer can export stl files or Solidworks files.

Quote Originally Posted by fontseeker View Post
    Whenever you see Makerbot, flee! Run to the hills.

Looks ok. Don't know it. You'll struggle to print ABS on here 'cos its open though. That may or may not matter to you.

Another Rep 1 Clone. Probably the best option here. Not familiar with the brand myself, haven't heard anything bad though.

Same as option 2

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Finke View Post
    No printer can export stl files or Solidworks files.

Whenever you see Makerbot, flee! Run to the hills.

Looks ok. Don't know it. You'll struggle to print ABS on here 'cos its open though. That may or may not matter to you.

Another Rep 1 Clone. Probably the best option here. Not familiar with the brand myself, haven't heard anything bad though.

Same as option 2
    Thanks for your reply, so you would recommend option 3? What do you think about the option curious aardvark suggested:
    http://wanhaousa.com/products/duplic...us-steel-frame
    $499

Really liked it, but I don't know, the company looks a bit sketchy, while I know Amazon will guarantee my money. Do you guys have any other advice? Thanks