Close

Hybrid View

Technician
    Follow Serena On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassna View Post
    ....I would try to import the STL into Tinkercad, make a hole box at the bottom, and group it. Then export to whatever. Not sure if that would work for you...I could be completely wrong about what your trying to do. But this is how I make a object flat for me :P

2a52e0959d104008ddbcb78e4a555fb6.jpg f94fd7b4bd32e53a8b8adc7cd90f606c.jpg
    thanks is I will give Tinkercad a try- can't hurt! Do you use that as your primary design software? Or more for repairing?

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Serena View Post
    thanks is I will give Tinkercad a try- can't hurt! Do you use that as your primary design software? Or more for repairing?
    I'm still pretty new myself, been doing this stuff for about 2 weeks. But I do use Tinkercad for a lot, its really simple and easy. I think it get's overlooked because of that reason, but I use it for ton's of things. Unfortunately, they do work on the site quite a bit and it crashes sometimes for awhile. Happens. I will run the STL through this: https://netfabb.azurewebsites.net/ and it will return you a repaired file, they say. You could also manually do it through Netfabb basic, google that if you are interested. I use Makerware for slicing and exporting the x3g for the printer.