Close

Thread: Print sizes?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by JamesCooper View Post
    Correct, we don't have an official size right now.
    Would I be able to extrude a mailbox with this? (USPS standard, say 8"x8"x22")

Edit: From Kingoddball: You can print in any size - But they have not disclosed what they have deemed to be the max size. Peachy mentioned they wanted to print a little boat.
    Last edited by Kingoddball; 12-08-2013 at 03:35 PM.

This does not "extrude". It has a laser interact with a fluid to make the prints.
    Quote Originally Posted by DesignerRants View Post

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by DesignerRants View Post
    it would be able to build a item up to the size of the build container (the lower container tha has the resin,object and object anchor) so to build an object 8" x 8" x 22" you would NEED a container OVER 8" x 8" x 22" in size and a LOT of time as the larger the area of the container the finer the layer height due to the z axis being one drop of water at a time

Quote Originally Posted by harpo99999 View Post
    it would be able to build a item up to the size of the build container (the lower container tha has the resin,object and object anchor) so to build an object 8" x 8" x 22" you would NEED a container OVER 8" x 8" x 22" in size and a LOT of time as the larger the area of the container the finer the layer height due to the z axis being one drop of water at a time
    Thanks, that was actually helpful, unlike the worthless commenter before you who didn't answer my question, yet took the time to point out that the Peach laser printer doesn't "Extrude". Hopefully you're more representative of this community than the nitpicking unhelpful Print Process Word Sheriff.

Anyway,
    1.) When you warn of taking a long time, what does that mean? 12 hours? 1 day? 3 days?
    2.) Is there a volume/time calculation I could figure for a cylindrical container, (10"InnerDiameter & ample height, figure its volume and then subtract the volume of my part, correct? And then take that volume and figure out how many drops would fill it?) Is a drop considered less than 1mL? How fast are the drip intervals, or is that completely adjustable?

-I've watched a couple videos on this printer and read the specs page of the website, but I still have questions.
    Last edited by DesignerRants; 12-07-2013 at 05:16 PM.