Close

Hybrid View

Technician
    Geoff,

Finally got SD card to work, it actually had some sort of gunk on some of its contacts ??

Anyway it said it didn't load python, but am currently 40% through a print and all looking good so far.

At some stage would love to pick your brain for a list of nozzle / platform temps, feed rate etc etc for both ABS and PLA if that's possible ?

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by lycan View Post
    Geoff,

Finally got SD card to work, it actually had some sort of gunk on some of its contacts ??

Anyway it said it didn't load python, but am currently 40% through a print and all looking good so far.

At some stage would love to pick your brain for a list of nozzle / platform temps, feed rate etc etc for both ABS and PLA if that's possible ?
    Mate, for ABS just stick with a stock 228c extruder temperature and a 110c hotbed temperature. At your stage, I would probably get comfortable levelling the platform. Run the script from the menu on the machine, get yourself some thick A4 paper or a business card (I assume you did this once or twice already)

PLA it all depends.. I could not give you an exact, the hotbed at 60c-75c, the extruder could need 150c-200c, depends on the PLA. I'd print at 180c and if it wont feed, raise the temp. if its too sloppy and droopy, lower the temp.

Alot of the problems you will face will all be down to that platform being level, curly prints, lifting prints.. it's not always heat related.

Example problem.

You have the heat setting the same as you did the day before, but your plastic is now curling up at the corners? wtf? You print the same item but it just wont stick. This happens if the bed lowers slightly and the plastic just isnt close enough on that first layer to make a good bond..
    you shoulnt need to level the bed too often, but I usually check it once every couple days.