Close

Hybrid View

You may want to watch this video series on 3D printing https://youtu.be/nb-Bzf4nQdE I think he has only finished the first 2 of 8, but if you are new to 3D printing I think this will be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bikeracer2020 View Post
    Whatever you buy do not get it from Banggood, their return or refund policy is meaningless and if you have a problem you'll just be out of pocket. Just look at some independent review sites. I wish I had!

Best to buy from a reputable retailer or from Amazon, at least you'll have some customer rights.

I just bought a Flashforge printer and it was missing a uk plug lead, just supplied with a two pin EU one. I emailed Flashforge support and four days later a received the correct lead from China. So pretty good customer service I think.
    Thanks for the warning - ordered from Amazon so no worries there.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    well for one thing whenever an advert says: 'easiest to use printer ever' - that usually means when something inevitably does go wrong - you're screwed :-)
    But the main issue is that 100x100x100mm IS just too small.

So while it might be a decent machine - at the end of the day it will only ever be your first machine and pretty swiftly you'll outgrow it - say in about a week.

I would say that 99% of what I make will fit in a 150 mm cube. But only about 50% would fit in a 100mm cube.

It's just too small - and yes, i do have a printer with a 100mm print volume. It's used almost exclusively for tiny high detailed stuff.
    It's definitely not a general use machine.

Spend the extra and get a machine that you won't outgrow too quickly.
    And cura really is pretty awful.

Actually the more yu read te blurb for the cadet - the worse it looks.
    No heated bed - that right there should ALWAYS be a deal breaker.

Sure you can get pla to stick to an unheated bed - but it doesn't like it. And it either has a tendency to pop off mid print or sticks so hard you can't remove it without breaking.

The 'world's easiest auto levelling ' is also not that hard when you have a fixed bed that does not move.
    As long as it's flat, there is no actual need to level it - one of the things I love about deltas. Once level, it's level for a looong time (probably running at about 15 months since I last levelled my delta and it's used almost every day).

Cheap and cheerful is not always the right option :-)
    I probably should have mentioned that my son is turning 6 :-). I’m hoping that the cadet will be a good fit for him - I don’t see him printing out anything large for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by airscapes View Post
    You may want to watch this video series on 3D printing https://youtu.be/nb-Bzf4nQdE I think he has only finished the first 2 of 8, but if you are new to 3D printing I think this will be helpful.
    Thanks for the link, I will definitely check it out.