Close

Hybrid View

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    I had one troublesome PLA print that I just couldn't pry off the glass after it had cooled. A few minutes in the freezer was enough to pop it off the glass. The freezer may not be good for the glass either, but I'd rather have the glass break in the freezer than in my hands and with my face nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    I had one troublesome PLA print that I just couldn't pry off the glass after it had cooled. A few minutes in the freezer was enough to pop it off the glass. The freezer may not be good for the glass either, but I'd rather have the glass break in the freezer than in my hands and with my face nearby.
    Even with the glass still warm I have never had any trouble putting the plate in the freezer. And in 5 minutes... Everything comes off clean and easy. The only down side is I get a lot of fog and condensation on the glass. If I'm going to print something else immediately, that kind of delays things because I have to wait for the bed to heat up enough to get rid of the moisture. And then I can finally spray some more hair spray onto the glass.