Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lol - yeah unfortunately most of the 'research' people do is watching youtube videos sponsored by creality.

One of the things that annoys and amuses me in equal parts is that most people who have working ender 3's - get to that point by virtually rebuilding them
    And the money spent on that - if added to their original purchase amount qwould ghave bought them a decent machine in the first place.

But they can be made to work.

I would point out that the original ender 3 design actually has a BETTER frame than any of the recent variants.
    Creality keep cutting manufacturing costs and mainly these days they do it by chipping bits of the frame off and using less aluminium extrusion.

So - yes you can most likely get your printer working - just don't expect it to ever print at a decent speed.
    Hell it might even work out of the box - starnger things have happened.

But basically the entire ender 3 range are really bad engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    But basically the entire ender 3 range are really bad engineering.
    So what is a good printer in this price range? I'm not afraid of a chalange when it comes to putting it together. I just want something that will complete good looking prints. Speed is not an issue for me as much as quality of print.

**Update**
    I have since canceled my order of the Ender 3+, even before any replies to my question here.

**Update 2**
    I noticed one of your posts mentioning the HE3D Delta. Are their products good for starter printers?
    Last edited by TreeTolber; 08-05-2020 at 03:07 PM.