Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    Now, when you (and others) say make sure the bed is "calibrated"- does that mean leveling? Or something else?
    Means getting it level. :-)

My printer has four levelling knobs. And as jfkansas says - it doesn't take more than a minute or two. And i don't do it that often.

I've come back from the tct show with a bed coating that I will try before revealing. As genuine as the 3dpunlimited people were - I'm still not entirely convinced this bed coating isn't a windup for the englishmen.
    That said, they use a 1meter square glass print bed and there definitely wasn't anything visible on it. And they have to keep prints flat and stuck to the bed for days at a time so they are definitely using something better than the norm. Even so, it's that off the wall, I have to try before telling :-)

But stay tuned to be potentially blown away by something really bizarre :-)
    Nope weirder than even that very weird thing you just thought of.

Technician
    Follow Serena On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    Means getting it level. :-)

My printer has four levelling knobs. And as jfkansas says - it doesn't take more than a minute or two. And i don't do it that often.

I've come back from the tct show with a bed coating that I will try before revealing. As genuine as the 3dpunlimited people were - I'm still not entirely convinced this bed coating isn't a windup for the englishmen.
    That said, they use a 1meter square glass print bed and there definitely wasn't anything visible on it. And they have to keep prints flat and stuck to the bed for days at a time so they are definitely using something better than the norm. Even so, it's that off the wall, I have to try before telling :-)

But stay tuned to be potentially blown away by something really bizarre :-)
    Nope weirder than even that very weird thing you just thought of.
    Well that's mysterious! We will be waiting to hear this bizarre, off the wall technique. ;-)