Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by incomenet View Post
    So a couple of weeks ago I decided I needed to do this as left head slightly scraped over printing parts. Read first posts and it seemed simple enough should have read more of thread before starting! Took fans off and no set screws, then read enough more to know they are on the back(PowerSpec Pro), so ok take it apart. Thought why not turn so screws are on front so swapped heads which of course does not work because of offset, but now can't swap back because they are now frozen in place. Tried pulling, prying, and taping for a couple of hours scratching everything pretty good and no movement, so thinking I'm screwed. Last resort before ordering new parts tried spray lube and managed to wiggle them out. Had I carefully read the whole thread it would have saved me a lot of grief.

Got everything back together and it was the same still off just a little so had to take apart and redo with calipers handy. So now I have ordered the part
    jfkansas designed, looks like it will make things a lot easier.
    Thanks, just saw the notification pop up. I hope to have a video up on installation/use of it later this week but was busy printing misc stuff this weekend. I too had the same issue of getting the thermal barrier tubes out after the set screw leaves its mark. The set screws really gall things up. On my original flashforge parts I ended up drilling out the mounting hole a little, but this doesn't do anything for heat transfer at all since only a sliver of metal to metal contact is left after the set screw pushes the tube forward in the hole.

One of the most important things to do when putting this new system on is getting the thermal tubes nice and smooth again. This will help insure that the tubes slide up and down easily when the clamps are loosened. I have been using the system for a couple of months now with no issues. Periodically check the clamp bolt to make sure it is tight.

Still selling your setup?

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Thanks, just saw the notification pop up. I hope to have a video up on installation/use of it later this week but was busy printing misc stuff this weekend. I too had the same issue of getting the thermal barrier tubes out after the set screw leaves its mark. The set screws really gall things up. On my original flashforge parts I ended up drilling out the mounting hole a little, but this doesn't do anything for heat transfer at all since only a sliver of metal to metal contact is left after the set screw pushes the tube forward in the hole.

One of the most important things to do when putting this new system on is getting the thermal tubes nice and smooth again. This will help insure that the tubes slide up and down easily when the clamps are loosened. I have been using the system for a couple of months now with no issues. Periodically check the clamp bolt to make sure it is tight.

1. Are you still selling the setup for adjustment on the dual extruders for the FF creator pro?
    2. Do you recommend the smaller filament ptfe and why?
    3. Do you still use the same cooling setup for PLA or can you modify pretty much the same way with any of the mod's people have posted???

Thanks in advance!

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Hey there. Yep I have some in stock.

I do recommend the smaller PTFE tubing. It is more flexible and it allows you to load a new roll of filament without pausing since you can just push a new filament roll right after the empty one. With the bigger tubing this is more difficult since the filaments will pass each other in the tubing. The PTFE is translucent also so you can see where the filament is in the tubing.

I don't run any PLA, but the big frog looking PLA fan setup clips into the front of the carriage just like normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexicamelt View Post
    1. Are you still selling the setup for adjustment on the dual extruders for the FF creator pro?
    2. Do you recommend the smaller filament ptfe and why?
    3. Do you still use the same cooling setup for PLA or can you modify pretty much the same way with any of the mod's people have posted???

Thanks in advance!