Close

Hybrid View

686, I am definitely with you. I have an original Prusa MK3S and a Creality Ender 3 Pro. While Aardvark is right that the direct drive and linear rods make the Prusa a nicer machine that admittedly can print a little faster and maintain accuracy, I have to say that for the difference in price ($1200 CAD after duty, taxes, and exchange rates versus $350 CAD) it is just not worth the extra money. Even with the new SKR Mini board and Microswiss direct drive I put into the Ender, I am still at only half the price for the Ender and find that it prints just as well. I learned a lot building the MK3S screw by screw, and learned a lot from fixing/upgrading the Ender and don't regret either purchase. And yes, again, Aardvark is correct about the speed, but like you 686, I tend to start printing and walk away. I am using them as a hobby, not for a mass manufacturing business, so speed is not an issue for me. I can just check it in the morning and start the next print if I've found one I want.

All that being said, my Artillery Sidewinder has the larger build volume, and is about the price of the Ender 3 Pro after adding upgrades. So it has been great out of the box, has direct drive, and works well for me. My Monoprice Mini Delta is loud and way too small unless you are just doing stuff like cookie cutters.

So if I had to do it all over again, I think I would stick with the Artillery Sidewinder X1.

Quote Originally Posted by xayoz View Post
    I have to say that for the difference in price ($1200 CAD after duty, taxes, and exchange rates versus $350 CAD) it is just not worth the extra money. .
    I'm not sure why someone would even compare two items with such different price points... especially now that you can get an Ender 3 Pro for $239

Quote Originally Posted by Godzirra View Post
    I'm not sure why someone would even compare two items with such different price points... especially now that you can get an Ender 3 Pro for $239
    Because a moderator constantly refers to the Ender as a "garbage" knockoff of Prusa...so there is my honest opinion on the comparison since I have both...