Close

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by steadcraft View Post
    I'm an independent maker. I'm also a writer and an educator. I make an effort to understand the world around me and to share that with people. Rylan told us all last week that we are victims of fraud. That is not my claim. I would be all over the Kickstarter comments if I was a backer there and I would do the same if I was an indiegogo backer. As it happens, I backed on Backerkit, and my experience there exposes holes in that system. One of them being that there is no such comment forum. Another being that they have no legal definition of pre-order. We all learn from our experiences--and in different ways. I am engaging community because it is part of how I understand what has happened here.

As far as who I am--I'm a real person with a website with my name on it that I built in like 1999. But I don't know who you are. I'm using my real name on the internet because I don't want to be an anonymous troll. I link to my website for the same reason.

As far as Rylan's situation, it is sort of puzzling. But I don't really feel like speculating. I just don't feel like being very trusting. I'd like to hear David Boe's side of the story now. I'd like to see the legal authorities put together a clear picture. I really would like to just see the Peachy print an actual 3D model start to finish. I don't expect it to be perfect, but we keep hearing that it works.

I'd get over this if it was just a failed project--I'm a creator too and I understand the challenges. The thing that really gets me here is the crazy allegations and the emotional appeal for more funds. I've tried to be very balanced and explain why I have believed in Rylan and Peachy, as well as the facts that make me struggle to do so now. The last thing I would want to do is to undermine a project that I believed in by spreading misinformation. That is why I am sticking to questions regarding the facts.

As far as that goes, I'd love to see some photos in the forum here from any Beta testers that successfully anything. As far as real people go, it would help me to believe them if they linked to their own professional website or social media page.
    Why are you still saying "I really would like to just see the Peachy print an actual 3D model start to finish"? That's been posted. It's not even timelapsed, so it's a little boring of a 19min video. There have also been numerous timelapse videos they've posted. At this point, I literally cannot understand how you can post that complaint.

I haven't seen Rylan appeal for more funds. I've seen BACKERS trying to raise more funds to get the certification done and the kit out the door, but that's not Rylan. I haven't seen him address those people one way or the other.

You may be sticking to the questions, but you're just repeating them when you get answers.
    Last edited by oninoshiko; 05-19-2016 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oninoshiko View Post
    Why are you still saying "I really would like to just see the Peachy print an actual 3D model start to finish"? That's been posted. It's not even timelapsed, so it's a little boring of a 19min video. There have also been numerous timelapse videos they've posted. At this point, I literally cannot understand how you can post that complaint.

I haven't seen Rylan appeal for more funds. I've seen BACKERS trying to raise more funds to get the certification done and the kit out the door, but that's not Rylan. I haven't seen him address those people one way or the other.

You may be sticking to the questions, but you're just repeating them when you get answers.
    If you didn't notice, Big Bad News was a fundraising video. There was even an attached survey describing crowdfunding choices.

This is why I say that I would like to see it print an actual 3D model: http://diffendaffer.com/peachy-print...-2-5d-printer/

If you can link me to a time lapse that shows the whole device in action as well as quality photos of the print object I'd be very interested.

I've said it before and I'll say again that I believed in Peachy--I think it's a cool idea. I'd like to see it succeed. I've watched them raise a lot of funding after so much of their money disappeared. I'd like to see those mistakes avoided in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by steadcraft View Post
    If you didn't notice, Big Bad News was a fundraising video. There was even an attached survey describing crowdfunding choices.

This is why I say that I would like to see it print an actual 3D model: http://diffendaffer.com/peachy-print...-2-5d-printer/

If you can link me to a time lapse that shows the whole device in action as well as quality photos of the print object I'd be very interested.

I've said it before and I'll say again that I believed in Peachy--I think it's a cool idea. I'd like to see it succeed. I've watched them raise a lot of funding after so much of their money disappeared. I'd like to see those mistakes avoided in the future.
    Again to clarify my position. I'm not criticizing the Peachy because it is not a B9 Creator or something. I never expected that. I knew we might get stuck with a 2.5D printer and I figured at least that was a step up from 2D. It sounds like there has been a ton of development and I have been excited for some time to see it actually produce some of the more complex (if not perfect) prints we have seen published from Peachy. All i've seen of the good stuff though is edited enough that I can't really tell what is going on.
    Basically, all of the updates we have seen are easily viewed as fundraising videos in light of the explanation we have seen of finances. Considering that Peachy really needs community buy in now, it is hard to see the "uncut video" otherwise. If Rylan would just post a video of the V1 printing a 3D model of a standard benchmark print I might feel differently. He can explain exactly what pains he took to calibrate it, how we might improve on the design, exactly how it works in concert with software, and then let it print. Then he doesn't have to explain how well it prints or where the failures are. Just let us all see for ourselves.
    I'm not here to criticize the printer in its state of development. I just want to see clearly what that is because it is obvious that this project needs a lot more money and effort to come to completion. I'm just asking for transparency.