Close

Hybrid View

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    bear in mind you are at the bottom end of the market/ So expect to have to modify the printer to one degree or another to get it working optimally.

That said - depending on the part size you could just get a monoprice mini delta: $160
    https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_...403&p_id=21666

I've got one coming for my birthday next month :-)
    Covers pretty much all the bases, looks great, doesn't need mods (although I'm sure I'll develop something)

If you need a larger print volume I'd suggest upping your budget to at least $400 and look for a better quality kit.

Add Roberts_Clif on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    That said - depending on the part size you could just get a monoprice mini delta: $160
    https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_...403&p_id=21666
    I looked at the Specs on this little guy Aardvark .

ABS, PLA, Wood, Copper Fill, Steel Fill, Bronze Fill

• 50 micron layer resolution
    • Can print from a computer using a wireless Wi-Fi ? or physical USB connection, or offline with a micro SD? card
    • Up to 150mm/sec print speed
    • 180 ~ 260?C extruder nozzle temperature range
    • Up to 60?C build plate temperature range
    • ?110 x 120 mm build area
    • Compatible with Windows? and Mac? OS X?

And question how it can print some of these the only 60?C build plate temperature.

I just got into ABS and I am having problems with ABS warping at 100?C build plate temperature. How is this going to work a 60?C.
    I only question, because you were planning to get one for your birthday. Do you know some secrets I don't about build plate adhesion and ABS warping for a 60? build plate.