Close

Hybrid View

Staff Engineer
    Most slicers have a selection of infill patterns from which to choose. My slicer defaults to a simple rectangular grid, which is vertically coherent and would certainly provide for straight-line water movement. It's as if one is viewing graph paper when the infill is seen from above. This also does not create a bumpy surface. The infill percentage can be adjusted to meet your requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by fred_dot_u View Post
    Most slicers have a selection of infill patterns from which to choose. My slicer defaults to a simple rectangular grid, which is vertically coherent and would certainly provide for straight-line water movement. It's as if one is viewing graph paper when the infill is seen from above. This also does not create a bumpy surface. The infill percentage can be adjusted to meet your requirements.
    Thanks, but I've tried this method before. The problem with this is, that you get uneven holes depending on the geometry of the object. Flat surfaces get the exact hole size you determine via infill line distance, but steep angles get very lengthy holes. It might not seem like such a big of a deal at first, but the fiber casting doesn't work this way. The casted object gets an uneven thickness, and I am trying to avoid that.
    I think I didn't mention it in my original posting, but the reason I am trying to achieve this is to use the print object for fiber casting