Close

Hybrid View

sounds like it is printing way to high off the bed. I have no idea how your machines manufacture tells you to set the initial starting height but it must be correct for petg to print well. I use polymide tape and it sticks like glue.. also sticks very well to glass, even pulled a chunk out of the glass bed once.

Quote Originally Posted by airscapes View Post
    sounds like it is printing way to high off the bed. I have no idea how your machines manufacture tells you to set the initial starting height but it must be correct for petg to print well. I use polymide tape and it sticks like glue.. also sticks very well to glass, even pulled a chunk out of the glass bed once.
    Thats the thing, my bed is level, i made sure of it. Its the standard paper thin distance so that theres just a little resistance under the nozzle on it. Maybe i'll put it too close just to test how smashing it into the bed. I'm out of ideas except that perhaps this PETG is bad and maybe has mosture causing the filament to curl and not stay flat. All tho the parts that do say flat I can just push out of the way so i know either way its not sticking to my blue painters tape like my PLA and TPU do with no issue.

I have never used painters tape so I have no idea if it sticks to it. I do know it sticks to clean glass and https://www.makergear.com/products/polyimide with a bed temp of 70-80 C