Close

Threaded View

Detail is determined by the size of the nozzle and FFF printing is not injection molding.. I printed a lot of 23mm DD models for a coworker when I got my printer using a .25mm nozzle. 3D printing is not like desktop publishing it is some science and some art and takes a lot of time to get good at all the parts. I believe you will have no issue making the types of models you are talking about. Just remember there is always post processing work needed.. in fact google post processing 3D printed parts.. it will help you temper you expectations. Yes you can start researching a CAD program and start modeling without a printer, it is a completely different skill set and or hobby in itself. Most of the photos of the D&D stuff are on another PC but I may have one I can attache to give you an idea of the detail. This link will take you to a chess set I recently finished.. game pieces, board bottome (black part) and all the tiles were 3D printed, box is wood scraps https://misc.airscapesart.com/chessset/index.html
    Attached Images Attached Images