Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

Ok, here's a picture

(image *should* have been here but it isn't ....)

223_ - 1.jpg

It's a shot of the foot I decided to use. I fiddled around a lot and ultimately decided on a pretty simple design.

Let's see if the image goes through or not. The "post image" button didn't seem to do much.... Drag and drop also did not work. Try again with a *really* small file ... finally it works.

Next up is the "custom" bed mount piece

224_ - 1.jpg

That is a bit higher resolution than the first one so this is a bit encouraging. The mount piece lets the heater "float' when there is no glass. Put another way, the clamp holds both the glass and the heater in place. That way as the PCB changes size during warmup, things don't move all over the place.

Bob
    Last edited by uncle_bob; 09-21-2016 at 06:49 PM.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
    Try again with a *really* small file ... finally it works.
    The board currently defaults to inserting images as thumbnails, which people can click on to enlarge. I realized the other day that in the post edit window, you can over-ride this by double clicking on the image and selecting full-size in the properties window that pops up. Edit your post again and give that a shot.

EDIT: And yeah, the board won't accept the high-res pictures people can get from the phone cameras these days. I usually resize photos down to about 800x600 pixels before uploading.
    Last edited by printbus; 09-21-2016 at 06:45 PM.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by printbus View Post
    The board currently defaults to inserting images as thumbnails, which people can click on to enlarge. I realized the other day that in the post edit window, you can over-ride this by double clicking on the image and selecting full-size in the properties window that pops up. Edit your post again and give that a shot.

EDIT: And yeah, the board won't accept the high-res pictures people can get from the phone cameras these days. I usually resize photos down to about 800x600 pixels before uploading.

Hi

For those who haven't quite yet guessed, printbus was coaching me through the photo process ... THANKS !!!!

Bob