Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    Hi

I would certainly encourage folding UBL back into the main branch. I have a cartesian printer so that may bias my recommendation.

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
    Hi

I would certainly encourage folding UBL back into the main branch. I have a cartesian printer so that may bias my recommendation.

Bob
    This hasn't been discussed lately (in the last few months). But the plan was to get RC8 promoted to 'Stable' and then no more features would be added to it. Only bug fixes. And at that time, the plan was to then make the UBL branch the main Development Branch and use that to absorb any new features to the code base. Eventually... (maybe in 6 months???) it would start a Release Candidate phase and that would ultimately result in a new 'Stable' branch.

The big problem with 'folding' UBL back into the main branch is the other bed leveling schemes would disappear. UBL pretty replaces the existing code and feature set. So it is probably less controversial to just let it evolve on its own until there is no argument that it handles every case.