Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
I haven't used mine in years and years and honestly I no longer 3d print as it left a very sour taste in my mouth so I finally left it.
I was equally disappointed with my stock Qidi. Luckily I got it for free and it is a great machine to tinker with as it has a solid frame and the parts are all easily accessible. But I would be very upset to pay retail for this. The quality of output is not great but maybe I'm just looking at it through a modern lens. Maybe it really was a good printer at release compared to whatever else was available.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
I don't think the price for that plate is expensive and I would suggest buying it from them then get the bearings and rods from a different source. I would contact them on eBay about the part.
I've been talking with them through e-mail about various things and there is very little support available for the Qidi Tech 1 at this point. They say that they no longer have the source code for the firmware (or don't want to give it out) and that they no longer have any 10mm rod parts for this printer.

Their X-Pro looks almost identical in dimension. I was told that the parts are not compatible but you never know. Does anyone know if the X-Pro has 8mm or 10mm rods for the Z axis?