Close

Hybrid View

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    First, in the preferences, turn on Expert mode. File / Preferences / Expert_Mode

Then, in Print_Settings / Speed / Bridges set to 1/5 of your normal speed. And probably you want to set Bridge Acceleration (at the bottom of that same page) pretty low too.

Lastly, and most importantly, in Print_Settings / Advanced / Bridge_Flow_Rate down at 90% or maybe even less.
    Well that may be an issue as I cannot use the Slic3r program independent of repg. I can only go into repg and edit the slicing profile for slic3r. I am at work currently and cannot provide more details, I will try to use slic3r tonight and import the gcode with repg and see if my printer will work. Last time I tried that the extruder would not move and sit in one spot trying to print.

Roxy, may I ask what version of slic3r you are using? I tried using the latest 1.1.6 with repg and it did not work. Maybe I should try a different version?
    Last edited by BLKKROW; 07-22-2014 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BLKKROW View Post

Roxy, may I ask what version of slic3r you are using? I tried using the latest 1.1.6 with repg and it did not work. Maybe I should try a different version?
    I'm usually running the 'experimental' release. My printer is broke right now, but if it wasn't I would be at 1.1.6 I'm actually at 1.1.0 right now. But with that all said, you can run Slicer as a stand alone program. You can create a short cut icon on your desktop and just double click it. That is how I prefer to do things because I have more control. But you can also just let your printer program run it for you. One of the options on Slicer is what type of GCode it should produce. I don't know what Replicator-G's type is.... But you need to set it correctly in Slicer. You do that at:

Printer_Settings / General / Firmware / G-code_Flavor

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    I'm usually running the 'experimental' release. My printer is broke right now, but if it wasn't I would be at 1.1.6 I'm actually at 1.1.0 right now. But with that all said, you can run Slicer as a stand alone program. You can create a short cut icon on your desktop and just double click it. That is how I prefer to do things because I have more control. But you can also just let your printer program run it for you. One of the options on Slicer is what type of GCode it should produce. I don't know what Replicator-G's type is.... But you need to set it correctly in Slicer. You do that at:

Printer_Settings / General / Firmware / G-code_Flavor
    Thank you for responding.

I have successfully used Slic3r outside of Repg. I am also having the extruder being rattled on one side even after removing 15mm off the X axis on my Bed size. So I will keep removing some length off to see what happens.

I have included the pictures of the first print using Slic3r outside of repg. I am having an issue with the base layer which I was not having before even though I am using the same settings.

Any help with that?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BLKKROW; 07-24-2014 at 12:21 AM.