Well, Martin and Aardvark, you must be gluttons for punishment, but if you're still game, I'll HAPPILY follow you! Now I'll be referring to your 4-20 posts and pray you can understand which of my comments/questions apply to your individual post. The board I removed from the Ender 3 Pro was a V1.1.4 and I replaced it with a Creality V 4.2.7 (still in there). Aardvark, you last asked if I had tried flashing the old board with a fresh copy of the firmware I was using--No, I didn't. And Martin, you suggested the FOCALISE post calling for 'Ender-3 Pro_4.2.2_Firmware_Marlin2.0.1 - V1.0.1.bin' firmware, which sounds good to me. I am willing to re-install the old V1.1.4 board and flash with the suggested 4.2.2 firmware--does that make sense, flashing a V1.1.4 board with V4.2.2 firmware? (Shows how dismal my thinking is!) Is that a reasonable next step? An aside, condolences for Prince Philip--he will be missed. Also, everyone I know supports GB's EU divorce--I just hope the current DC mob running (sic!) our country will fully support you as Trump stated he would do.