Close

Hybrid View

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Welcome!

To start, we will want to know what filament you are using (make I'm assuming QIDI, but what color?) and what temperature you are extruding at.

I would recommend removing the nozzle from the extruder and cleaning it out if possible, it definitely sounds like there was some buildup. Might be an issue if you don't have a spare nozzle + PTFE tube to use, the nozzles PTFE tube had clogged/solidified on me one time and I fixed it easily by replacing the nozzle + tube.

Another thing to try is bumping up the temperature by 5 degrees C or less in increments to see if it's a temperature issue - the reading could be off for your sensor and there may also be a sensor problem which I haven't troubleshot on this machine. I wouldn't recommend going over 250c for ABS during testing.

Have you bought any of the PTFE tubing you see on Amazon and sites like that to use for replacements?
    I have been looking at them I have not decided yet. The prices are great compared to buying them pre-cut.

Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    Welcome!

To start, we will want to know what filament you are using (make I'm assuming QIDI, but what color?) and what temperature you are extruding at.

I would recommend removing the nozzle from the extruder and cleaning it out if possible, it definitely sounds like there was some buildup. Might be an issue if you don't have a spare nozzle + PTFE tube to use, the nozzles PTFE tube had clogged/solidified on me one time and I fixed it easily by replacing the nozzle + tube.

Another thing to try is bumping up the temperature by 5 degrees C or less in increments to see if it's a temperature issue - the reading could be off for your sensor and there may also be a sensor problem which I haven't troubleshot on this machine. I wouldn't recommend going over 250c for ABS during testing.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon 3D View Post
    Have you bought any of the PTFE tubing you see on Amazon and sites like that to use for replacements?
    I have been looking at them I have not decided yet. The prices are great compared to buying them pre-cut.
    Yes, I did purchase 6 feet but unfortunately it seemed to be ~0.1mm oversized. It was so slight that I could jam it into the feed tube and I wasn't fond of that technique. I put the cut pieces aside for now and will post process them in the near future (rainy day project).

I didn't want to mess around with yanking a seized PTFE tube out with pliers and chose to pickup the ~$20 QIDI 4 nozzle + 4 ptfe tube kit on ebay. Three of the nozzles and tubes have been utilized in the past 1200 hours of printing and I was fortunate to have my first nozzle last to over 1000 hours.
    Last edited by cncartist; 09-22-2016 at 09:09 PM. Reason: grammar

Noob trouble

Cheers for the help

Right it was QIDI in luminous orange. The first print i did was at 200 deg bed 60, it had a random under extrusion 65% the way through but printed rest perfect. I did the same settings for the second print but stopped 30% through nozzle still on item and the filament had jammed as was too thick.

I then switched to Black ABS (4 3D brand) and did 3 perfect prints at 240 deg 110 bed then same settings on the 4th stopped again 40% ish i put it down to model/support error re loaded it went again with modification but it stopped again at about 65%.

I am now at a position after trying the suggested 5 degree increments to try cleaning it but now its just clicking and wont take the filament at all.

Also i do not at present have any spares

Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    Welcome!

I'm risking appearing insulting but I have had a devil of a time with the QIDI filament, both ABS and PLA, tangling on the spool during use. I've lost a number of lengthy prints when this happens. All kinds of rage does that engender. So... have you ever peeked over the back when this happens to check the condition of the spool feed. I've had mine also on occasion spring off the spool and wind around the spool post. That grinds everything to a halt QUICKLY. The QIDI filament is very poorly wound on the spools. You've probably already checked this and it also wouldn't explain why the jobs stop at the exact point each time but... I'm just sayin'. I've never had this occur with the Hatchbox filament that I also use. I don't plan on ordering QIDI filament when what I have now is gone.

I have not had the issue with the QIDI filament but I've had it happen on a different one.
    I only used the supplied filament a couple times so I might not have gotten far enough to get that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JensC View Post
    I'm risking appearing insulting but I have had a devil of a time with the QIDI filament, both ABS and PLA, tangling on the spool during use. I've lost a number of lengthy prints when this happens. All kinds of rage does that engender. So... have you ever peeked over the back when this happens to check the condition of the spool feed. I've had mine also on occasion spring off the spool and wind around the spool post. That grinds everything to a halt QUICKLY. The QIDI filament is very poorly wound on the spools. You've probably already checked this and it also wouldn't explain why the jobs stop at the exact point each time but... I'm just sayin'. I've never had this occur with the Hatchbox filament that I also use. I don't plan on ordering QIDI filament when what I have now is gone.
    Editor in Chief
    Bitsonline

Tips Appreciated But Not Expected
    BTC: 16wxHvKd3oU6SVjv6FrenqhkvRmc8t7sPy
    DASH: XqyaWxH896j9YeV1M35Gzb5gmRPmPbNDGq