Close

Hybrid View

Technologist
    Things seem to work pretty nicely on the prints I made for my daughter for the holidays. I am seeing some issues where it appears a print after a period breaks off the build plate and sticks to the VAT. I've seen this before many times, but I've never found a solution. I've seen it in cavities without air relief (it likely makes a vacuum) as well as prints that are solid as they print and the newly printed layers are larger than the top layer on the VAT. I've tried a number of things to fix this, but so far I haven't found a robust solution.

I started using meshmixer to add supports instead of using slic3r; which I have not had success with supports yet. I've found it does good for the raft/brim layers, but other than that it didn't do a good job for supports.

Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    Things seem to work pretty nicely on the prints I made for my daughter for the holidays. I am seeing some issues where it appears a print after a period breaks off the build plate and sticks to the VAT. I've seen this before many times, but I've never found a solution. I've seen it in cavities without air relief (it likely makes a vacuum) as well as prints that are solid as they print and the newly printed layers are larger than the top layer on the VAT. I've tried a number of things to fix this, but so far I haven't found a robust solution.

I started using meshmixer to add supports instead of using slic3r; which I have not had success with supports yet. I've found it does good for the raft/brim layers, but other than that it didn't do a good job for supports.

Slowing down a little ?

Technologist
    Wish, still busy; our boiler stopped working last week and I didn't get to diagnose it until Friday, but got the part today and we have heat and hot water again (woohoo!). My wifes job has picked up so I've been minding the little one more at night so I haven't had much of free time to do anything. At this point waiting for feedback, comments, and suggestions. I'll take suggestions for items to try to print.

24v power supply

Quote Originally Posted by doobie View Post
    Wish, still busy; our boiler stopped working last week and I didn't get to diagnose it until Friday, but got the part today and we have heat and hot water again (woohoo!). My wifes job has picked up so I've been minding the little one more at night so I haven't had much of free time to do anything. At this point waiting for feedback, comments, and suggestions. I'll take suggestions for items to try to print.
    I finally found some of the 24v supplies.
    they are 24v 2amp

Hey doobie I think its awesome that you are working on making the pegasus work for people who wont or cant work with FSL. I admist this is my first time workign with a BBB and ive gotten all the way through the install doc you provided up until compiling the laser. the compile command seems to pull a zaxis.p that doesnt exist anywhere for me yet.

Is there anyway to help make it a little more clear for a complete newbie on this board like myself?