Quote Originally Posted by Peter@FFUSA View Post
Hi there Geoff!

I apologize that you are experiencing issues with our black ABS filament. Black is one of the most popular colors (my favorite along with translucent blue), and I totally understand how nice it would be if these filaments would just extrude properly.

FLASHFORGE has very strict quality standards that its products must meet at the manufacturing facility, and filaments are tested before they are rolled onto spools. In addition to that, once our U.S. distribution center receives the shipment, filaments are randomly picked where it has to pass a checklist as well as successfully printing a sample object.

When I looked at the sample we printed with ABS black back on March 3rd, the object came out pretty good at 200 resolution. The ABS black that you received might have just been a bad batch that "crept" through our test. Since the ABS filament is included along with our 3D printers, we do not go through the second test here at our U.S. location. But this issue is quite common among other manufacturers. Since you guys have started a thread about it, I will not go into the troubleshooting stage with you guys again. What I can recommend is trying other brands and sticking with that brand once you've had success with it. For my 3D printer at home, I use BuMat black ABS. BuMat is our own in-house brand here in the U.S., and so far I’m pretty satisfied with it.

Edit:

Hi Rob,

Sure thing!
Thanks Pete, but it doesn't solve the issue of a completely unusable 1kg roll of Black ABS I bought directly from flashforge. Any suggestions on what to do with it? sending it back to china will cost more than the roll did.

Let me load it on a spool and print a test object, then I'll use CNCBilbys filament and show you the comparison.