Close

Threaded View

Yesterday:

I did not post my progress but I did make some I was able to work about 5 hours on the kit. I finished the frame, installed the heat bed, assembled the extruder and hot end (e3d v6 hopefully did it correctly), mounted the end stops, and spool holder. I also uploaded the firmware to the rumba board.

Feel like it is all coming together nicely. I am not happy with the glass though. I attempted to cut glass for my first time. You guys would laugh if you saw how horrendous it is.... I better just go to the glass shop when done. However it will have to do for now. I used tape to make it look half way decent for now.

Today:

Since I work a full time and have kids + a needy wife :P it is hard to find time to work on my projects during the week. I did get quite a bit of the wiring done this evening though. I can see the end of this build nearing and it makes me very eager to finish up. I need to purchase some spacers for my electronics and the proper size screws for my power supply tomorrow. I think within the next day or two I should have this build completed. And as adamfilip stated calibrate, calibrate, calibrate.

Issues:

-The belt on the Y idler bracket is rubbing not sure how to keep the belt centered. I am not sure if it matters?

- Cant figure out the best way to run the X end stop wires?

- I am not sure where the Y end stop needs to be placed along the Y Aluminum extrusion? Right now I have it so it will go the full distance of the aluminum extrusion right to where it will hit the bolt under the bed.

- The Glass is jagged and choppy on the edge I "attempted" to cut and all 4 corners

- I have a fan that I am not sure where or how it mounts. Possibly for a different hot end? The instructions do not say what its for and where to mount it. I will double check though.

- Although I haven't finished installing the electronics, it seems like I have a lot of wires and extra screws with the kit. (This never seems to be a good thing) :/

Here are updated pics:

IMG_20150928_195037980.jpg IMG_20150928_195103370.jpg IMG_20150928_195136159.jpg IMG_20150928_200440357.jpg
    Last edited by tfast500; 09-28-2015 at 10:32 PM.