Close

Thread: 3d scanner

Hybrid View

Peachy Printer Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by tarheelbandb View Post
    It would be helpful if you guys provided a bit more info like: will the line laser always be stationary or will it have to be moved in order to get the line where its supposed to be? It's my understanding that the laser in its normal printing position is at 90 degress to the platform surface. Is there a mechanism for consistency getting the line laser to make a 45 degree angle as you describe. I think these questions need to be answered before any real solutions can be sought from the community.
    The software will likely just let you tell it what angle you have the laser at relative to the camera, and you may need a protractor. This is good because there seems to be a trade of between depth perception and resolution which is controlled by laser angle. At Peachy we like to make our products easy to hack, so many attributes like this will be easy to change later.
    You make a good point about needing more info to provide specific solutions, but right now the scanner hardware is not finalized, so this is a good time for you to tell us how you think it should work, instead of me telling you how its going to work.
    Of course we are close to shipping so some things are concrete, for example Iv got thousands of Red laser diodes paid for and in the mail, so Now is not a great time to suggest using green laser diodes.
    The circuit board were already shipping has the ability to turn on and off multiple laser diodes, and we can update the firmware to the board after shipping.
    The ABS plastic has been in my shop for quite some time, but we cut the parts plate just in time( LEAN manufacturing)
    So the laser cut scanner parts can still change.

So in short how would you like the scanner to work knowing that there is no motor and there is 1 or more red line lasers that you can turn on and off?
    Last edited by rylangrayston; 11-15-2015 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rylangrayston View Post

So in short how would you like the scanner to work knowing that there is no motor and there is 1 or more red line lasers that you can turn on and off?
    I have no idea, but would like to say I approve of your approach. This attitude, and the original idea, is why I joined the funding effort.