Close

Hybrid View

does anybody have an knowledge on the BL Touch auto leveling sensor and the FFCP?

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by originalt80 View Post
    does anybody have an knowledge on the BL Touch auto leveling sensor and the FFCP?
    This is another auto-leveling system I'm looking at, I like the compact build and size which gives you better options to mount near the extruder compared to the Inductive sensor, the sensor pin head is retractable at about 3mm (nice clearance distance), and the body length is 36mm (good size to locate near the extruder. It has 5 wires, +5V, GND, and 3 wires which use the same connectors to a servo, this means you should be able to connect these wires to the Z-Axis Min socket on the FFCP board. For me the only down side is the price USD$33 + postage compared to Inductive sensor $4.

Quote Originally Posted by ejcruz View Post
    This is another auto-leveling system I'm looking at, I like the compact build and size which gives you better options to mount near the extruder compared to the Inductive sensor, the sensor pin head is retractable at about 3mm (nice clearance distance), and the body length is 36mm (good size to locate near the extruder. It has 5 wires, +5V, GND, and 3 wires which use the same connectors to a servo, this means you should be able to connect these wires to the Z-Axis Min socket on the FFCP board. For me the only down side is the price USD$33 + postage compared to Inductive sensor $4.
    yes it seems like a good option but i cannot find any setup info for how to set this sensor up on the ffcp... the creators of the bl touch verified that it can work with the ffcp. so the 5 wires (set of 3 & set of 2) the 3 are for the Z-axis Min Socket and the 2 are just +5V & GND??