Close

Hybrid View

Engineer
    As an owner of an 8 inch i3v, I pass by the posts regarding the larger printers, which more and more people are using these days. They're outside my experience, as are the RAMBO and RUMBA board posts.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    As an owner of an 8 inch i3v, I pass by the posts regarding the larger printers, which more and more people are using these days. They're outside my experience, as are the RAMBO and RUMBA board posts.
    Yeah, I've raised that point before. Add to the list variations in LCD screen and the fact that MakerFarm has (rightfully so) incorporated some design improvements along the way, and it's definitely tougher to help out these days. It used to be that we had a fairly close-knit group of people with identical printers, solving identical issues, incorporating identical mods, etc. Now we have all sorts of variations in the mix, and many OPs don't seem to realize the need to provide basic configuration insight in their question or issue thread.

I've noticed that the regulars around here have not been as active in the posts as in the past...
    Speaking for me personally, I simply grew weary of days entirely spent helping others via PM, IRC, and forum threads while my own printer sat with the power off and my 3D design skills remained lacking. I'm now more selective in where I apply my time.

Printbus, I hear you....but let me be the first to tell you that even though we have different setups... Your build log is the holy grail for these machines, And for that i thank you! The machines may differ in hardware but the building techniques and mods that you incorporated follow through to most of our setups.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo28 View Post
    Printbus, I hear you....but let me be the first to tell you that even though we have different setups... Your build log is the holy grail for these machines, And for that i thank you! The machines may differ in hardware but the building techniques and mods that you incorporated follow through to most of our setups.

I scond that!!!

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    For any thread followers that have contemplated using the edge-mounted Delta BFB0512VHD-SP01 blower for a print cooler as I did in post EXTRUDER REBUILD AND NEW PRINT COOLER (Part 2 of 2), note that the blower is now obsolete. If a blower is needed, order one soon from available stock currently remaining at Digikey. I am not aware of a suitable replacement once that supply is gone.